- 3 cups leftover cooked brown rice (or any other rice or quinoa)
- 2 eggs, scrambled (or 2 egg whites, and 1 whole egg scrambled )
- 1 tbsp oil of your choice (coconut, olive, etc)
- 2 tsp splashes sesame oil (optional)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 5 scallions, chopped, whites and greens separated
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- cooking spray
- 1 cup ready-to-eat shelled edamame
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, tamari for gluten free (or more to taste)
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Make your rice (I made mine in the rice cooker the morning we wanted to eat this and refrigerated it until I was ready to use it)
- Whisk eggs season with salt and pepper. In a hot wok/large pan, spray a little oil and cook the eggs. When cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- On medium high heat. Add oils and cook onions, bell pepper, scallion whites, and garlic. I cooked until soft to be more palatable for my little ones, but if you want extra crunch then cook 60 seconds on high heat
- Add carrots and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes (again less if you want it extra crunchy).
- Add brown rice/grain and stir well a few minutes to heat through.
- Add cooked egg along with soy sauce, scallion greens and edamame, mixing well for about 3-4 minutes. Add more soy sauce if you want
Yield: Approximately 6 one cup servings....we ate most of it. It went down easy!
Timing: 1 year; it would be a mess, but if I had made this when mine were younger I would have given it as young as one. I would avoid the edamame or cut them in half for younger toddlers. Babe three that is baking will have it sooner than my older two.
Allergies: This has soy AND egg so be sure you watch this food if its one of the first time your littles has eaten these ingredients.
- Little Joy: Yummy in the Tummy-She scafed this down a long with a side of turkey sausage. She looooves to use the chopsticks
- Little Asher: Somewhat Yummy-He ate his whole bowl but you could tell he liked it but not LOVED it. He was not as into the edamame this time as he was last time.
Overall, this was a hit...we will be making it more often!
With turkey sausage
He actually got good at it but we were in a hurry to finish dinner and head to Awanas so I could not keep stopping to record!