As I mentioned in my Creamy Asparagus Soup post, I was shocked that Little Joy loved the plain steamed asparagus but not the soup. As a general rule, the more flavor packed something is, the more she seems to like it; not so in this case!
- 1 pound asparagus with bottom inch of stalk cut off (I would do less if you can if this is the first time your little one has tried this)
- Seasonings if desired (My mother is a cooking expert and she recommends no seasoning for asparagus since it has a strong flavor on its own)
- If using a steamer, steam according to the directions with your appliance
- If using a metal colander and boiling water (see post "No Steamer, No Problem") then steam until tender; about 15-20 minutes
- Serve warm and chopped into finger food/bite sized pieces
- OR puree adding water to thin as necessary
Yield: Depends on how much you steam.
Storage: Fridge for 3-4 days; I would not recommend freezing.
Difficulty: 1 out of 5; super easy and a great nutritional side item for lunch or dinner
Epicutie Rating: Yummy in the Tummy--see right side of page for descriptions
Little Joy surprised me by gobbling up 4 stalks at one meal. Maybe it was because it was new, maybe it was just a good day but either way I was so excited. My husband and I love steamed asparagus, so this is a great family side item for us!
No pictures, sorry guys!!!