1 1/2 to 2 pounds Chicken thighs, without skin (about 4 to 6 thighs)
3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 cup soy sauce alternative (recipe below; if you want you can use soy sauce in lieu of the soy sauce alternative)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey
Soy Sauce Alternative Ingredients
4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons unsulphured molasses
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 pinch white pepper
1 pinch garlic powder
1 1/2 cups organic chicken broth
salt, to taste (if needed)
Soy Sauce Alternative Instructions
1) In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together all of the ingredients, except salt.
2) Bring to a boil. Continue to boil gently until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup, for about 15 minutes.
3) Store the sauce tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to a week. Shake before using
Use as a substitute for Soy Sauce or Worcestershire Sauce
1). Use a 4-quart slow cooker
(if using a 6-quart, this will cook faster. Check after 3 hours on high, 5 hours on low).
2) Put the chicken into your cooker.
3) In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, then pour evenly over the top.
4) Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3-4 (Low does a little better)
Serve: Serve warm with basmati rice and steamed or roasted vegetables.
Difficulty: 1 out of 5. EASY EASY. Just dump and go!
Timing: 12 to 18 months, your little one should have some teeth to mash and grind the chicken, but the chicken is very very soft!!!
Epicutie Rating: Yummy in The Tummy (see rating descriptions on right side
Little Joy loved this with some if the sauce of rice. Everyone in the family liked it. The best part is Little Asher loved that my milk had no diary or soy or gluten!!!
Note: This is a great freezer meal! Put the chicken and sauce in a freezer bag. Thaw overnight the night before you want to cook it, them dump it in the crockpot the next day and you are set!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad