I am constantly on the prowl for things I can make a dairy free (or low dairy) for my sweet Little Asher. What I love about this dish is its personal pizzas...easy to make a dairy free one for him and dairy filled for my Little Joy! Aside from dough rolling, this was an easy and delicious and healthy lil dinner. I generally do not like BBQ pizzas but this even I enjoyed! It's in the make once a month list!
- whole wheat pizza dough (I used my bread machine and made 8-4 inch pizzas, you could buy prepared dough; my homemade dough was dairy free)
- 5 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 medium carrot finely shredded (I used a zester)
- 1 chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- Monzerella cheese/veggie cheese
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Roll dough into 4 inch personal pizzas and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the crust and brush with olive oil.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes (I baked my extra personal pizza crusts and then froze them for a quick pizza another day).
- Meanwhile, place sauce and carrots in a small sautée pan and summer for 5 minutes (you could probably skip this step but I wanted my carrots soft)
- After the crust is done baking, top it with sauce, chicken peppers (I steamed mine with a little water for 2 minutes to soften to make them a little easier for the kids to eat) and cheese of choice.
- Return to oven for an additional 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: Depends on the amount of dough you use. I made 8 pizza crusts from one batch of dough in my bread machine.
Timing: Pizza can be tough, so depending on teeth I would say 12 to 15 months. If your little one is good with his molars then this pizza is fine!
Difficulty: 3 out of 5
It really was easy minus the homemade dough part.
Little Joy: Yummy in the Tummy...she gobbled up a little over half a pizza (in addition to steamed carrots and fruit)
Little Asher: Yummy in the Tummy...he ate 3/4 of a pizza!!! Yummmm!
This is going in the short list!
Precooked crusts....presentation is not my strong suit, I aim for TASTE!
Step 5: Simmer sauce
Dairy free pizza ready to go!
Dairy filled pizzas ready to go!
Little Asher's cheese melts a bit different :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone