Easy, delicious and good for you!!!!
- Cooking spray or preferably silicone cupcakes liners
- 4 eggs
- 3-4 tablespoons milk (eye ball it)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup your favorite cheese, shredded or cheese blend (I have done part skim mozzarella cheddar, cheddar/Parmesan combo, colby, etc)
- 4 whole sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil and chopped
- 1/3 cup green pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray muffin tin with spray or line with silicon liners
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk and salt.
- Optional: Place bell peppers in a small bowl with water, cover and microwave for one minute to soften the peppers. My Little Asher does not prefer the pepper crunch and I do not min accommodating.
- Add peppers, tomatoes and cheese to egg mixture--stir to combine.
- Distribute mixture evenly among 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 for 14 minutes.
ALLERGY ALERT: EGGS
Timing: One year due to eggs.
Storage: In the fridge for 2 days. Microwave well to reheat.
Difficulty: 1 out of 5; Honestly the hardest part is chopping and the chopping is minimal here. This is fast breakfast or even a breakfast for dinner option!
Nutrition: (using part skim mozzarella, per frittata) 36 calories; 3 g protein; 2 g fat
Tip: The silicone liners are a HUGE time savor. They make clean up fast and serving them even easier. If you do not have any, its a great kitchen "gadget" for not much money.
Epicutie Rating (see left side of page for rating descriptions):
- Little Joy: Yummy in the Tummy; She liked these even better the second time I made them--she ate three along with a pancake!
- Little Asher: Yummy in the Tummy; The first time we served this we only had the frittatas and fruit and he ate like four of them. The second time we served them we had pancakes with it since it was breakfast with dinner and he put up a fight because he wanted pancakes. He is the strong willed one. He still loved it though, just wanted to let us know he wanted pancakes MORE--who doesnt?