Whew...it has been a while since I have been able to post! We had a third baby and my husband had to leave town for 8 weeks for work. Translation: Life has been crazy! BUT...I am back and Epicutie Juliette will be reviewing recipes soon!
I am nursing so I am always on the prowl for recipes with oatmeal! This recipe was inspired by a cooking light recipe.
- 1/4 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk (we use almond milk for dairy free)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (we use canola oil for dairy free)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
1. Spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
2. Combine milk, butter/oil, vanilla, and egg in a small bowl.
3. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
4. Heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons batter per pancake onto griddle.
5. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles; cook until bottoms are lightly browned.
Serve: serve warm with pure maple syrup and fresh berries.
Difficulty: 1 out of 5; quick prep!
Tips: combine dry ingredients the night before to save time in the morning. Another idea, double the recipe and freeze half for a last minute breakfast another day'
Epicutie Rating (see left side of page for rating descriptions)
Little Joy: yummy in the tummy
Little Asher: yummy in the tummy
Mommy and Daddy: love this! Healthy, quick and helped the milk supply too!