Avocado Cream Sauce:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/3 to ½ cup Dairy Free Plain Greek Style Cultured Almond Milk (Yogurt)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ball pre-made dairy-free pizza dough (I made mine in my bread machine)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced thin
- 3 green onions, diced
- ½ lb ground meat of choice, browned
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons non dairy Parmesan
- ½ cup dairy-free Monzerella cheese
For the Avocado Cream Sauce:
- Pit the avocado and scoop the flesh into a food processor.
- Add all other ingredients and process until completely smooth.
For the Mexican Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Stretch the dough onto a pizza pan or cookie sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Spread the avocado mixture onto the dough leaving about ½” border around the edge.
- Evenly sprinkle on the remaining ingredients, adding cheese last.
- Bake the pizza until the crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve with your favorite hot sauce or salsa
Difficulty: 3 out of 5; I only give it this high for difficulty because i homemade the dough. Store bought dough would give this a 2!
Yield: 6 people
Serve: We served with salad and fruit to our 2 and 4 year old.
Tips/misc: if you do not care about dairy free there's a few substitutions you can make....
- dairy free yogurt = sour cream
- dairy free mozzarella = mozzarella
- dairy free Parmesan = grated Parmesan
Another tip, chop and brown the meat earlier in the day when your kids are napping or occupied versus waiting for the dinner rush to do everything
Timing: 12 months. It's pizza and there's lots of seasonings going on here. Chopped small I think 12 months is fine!
- Little Joy: YUMMY IN THE TUMMY she's our adventerous eater. Give her a new food and she's all over it! She ate three small slices
- Little Asher: Somewhat Yummy he is the skeptic. He ate his slowly and liked it enough to eat it without too much encouragement. He pulled everything apart and ate it like that.
- Mommy and Daddy: Oh man. I love this! It wasn't heavy like traditional pizza but made me feel like I was eating regular pizza! This is on my short list.
Crust with sauce
Fruit, salad and pizza
Little Joy Digging in!
Thumbs Up Approval!